The court understands that people make mistakes and therefore we offer options for certain first-time offenders. 


Minor traffic violations (e.g. speeding, disobeying a stop sign, etc.) can often be amended so that they do not appear on a person’s driving record. There are very strict requirements for this program. If you are interested in amending a citation, you should contact the court clerk prior to your court date to see if you are eligible. 

  • Payments related to an amended violation must be paid either on or before the court date. 


  • A student diversion is a one-time agreement between the prosecutor and the defendant. The diversion terms are set by the prosecutor and will be explained upon the first appearance of the minor and parent of said minor.  

  • A more formal diversion process is available for violations such as a first DUI. Again, there are strict eligibility requirements to be able to qualify for a formal diversion, but you (and/or your attorney) should wait until your first court appearance to ask about this program.  


  •  Due to Federal and State guidelines, the Basehor Municipal Court does not offer amendments or diversion for any violation issued to the holder of a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).